The Triplets

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, December 14, 2012

24 Weeks: Officially into the Realm of Viability!

This Week's Developments:
* The girls are about as long as an ear of corn (see blog for actual weights!)
* Their brains are growing rapidly and taste buds continue to develop
* Their lungs are developing branches of the respiratory tree and cells that produce surfactant that will help air sacs in the lungs inflate once they are born

Sorry for the delay on this post! Yesterday was a stressful day due to non-pregnancy related issues. We found out from our leasing agent that our rental home's owner is filing for bankruptcy and we may have to move out as soon as within the next three months. The details are still very shady at this point and we are waiting to hear more from the leasing agent. Talk about the Worst. Timing. Ever. We have no idea what we will do but are keeping faith that God (and a little help from family and friends :) ) will bring us through whatever happens. My mother sent me a message: "Be still and trust God to see you through...He has a way of making things better than you could even begin to imagine" followed by a verse she read yesterday: Psalm 62:5 Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him.Through prayer we are feeling more at peace about it today, and will try to take everything as it comes a day at a time.

Now on to happier news. As you know, my in-laws arrived last Friday and have been such a blessing to us. My Father-in-law loves to keep busy and has already reorganized our garage and is painting the whole nursery today (yes we realize the babies may never get to use it at this point depending on when we have to move out, but we will still set it up as it has been something we have been looking forward to for a long time!). Both of my in-laws have been waiting on me bringing me drinks and meals and my mother-in-law has kept up with all of our mounds of laundry and washed all of the girls clothes and is working on getting them all organized into their closet. We are so blessed to have them here while I am on full bedrest!

Also, on Saturday my two closest friends out here threw me an amazing baby shower at our home! I am so blessed to have them! They went above and beyond with their preparations, food, and hand made decorations!

Beautiful cake for my three little monkey girls!


Awesome handmade diaper cake formed with 93 diapers!!




Precious handmade mini monkey rattle diaper cakes each with one of the girls' names on it (there were 3 total:) )




Me with the 2 ladies who made it all happen!! (I promise I only got up for a few pics and bathroom breaks!)




It took us 2 shots to get everyone in the pics. Thank you all for coming!!







This is probably the only pregnancy pic I will ever have where I am actually dressed up!





Now on to what you have all been waiting for!! How was the anatomy scan on Wednesday (23 weeks, 6 days)???!!! It went very well! The girls all measured excellently. As you know, I was worried about A and C due to the marginal cord insertions, but they both weighed in at 1 lb 5 oz, and B weighed in at 1 lb 7 oz. As compared to a singleton pregnancy, they are within the 33-36th percentiles which is wonderful! My cervix did go down again a bit more than I would have liked this past week and measured in at 2.9 cm but still closed. I asked how short would it have to get for them to make me stay in the hospital and they said not until it is 1.5 cm or less or it starts to dilate. So I am hoping we can draw our time out at home at least another several weeks! As usual, C was not in position for a decent picture!

Monkey A: HR 156, 1 lb 5 oz




Monkey B: HR 163 (she was kicking up a storm!) 1lb 7 oz




Monkey C: HR 163 (also very active) 1 lb 5 oz




Belly Pics from Yesterday at 24 Weeks






Total Weight Gain: 37 lbs


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment