The Triplets

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Training My Husband

My husband is slowly learning that refusing to facilitate the cravings of a mama pregnant with triplets can be hazardous to his health. After days of feeling an 'icky/hungry/nausea' feeling and extreme exhaustion (which Dr. Luke says is multiplied in triplet pregnancies and can last FOREVER) I was actually counting myself lucky since I hadn't actually thrown up anything. Fast forward to a few days ago- and the nausea spiraled to a whole new level complete with vomiting. Now this isn't the type of vomiting that leaves you feeling better off afterwards, if anything it leaves you feeling worse, and STARVING- yet EVERY FOOD you can think of has the appeal of 5 day old bologna stuck to the bottom of a garbage bin that has been sitting in your 90 degree garage. No exagerration. I bought ginger teas, ginger candy, peppermints, tried eating small meals, but was even vomiting fluids, into a garbage bag, in my car. A friend and sister suggested zofran to me which I called and got an order for from my OB and it has made things so much better. While I am back to the icky/nauseated feeling with food aversions that I so despised last week- at least I can keep fluids and food down *most* of the time. Anyways... back to my husband being in immenent danger- On Friday, before the Zofran, during the worst of it, I was puking and STARVING and the ONLY thing that came to mind that MIGHT be tolerable to eat was a Hot Pocket. I have not eaten a hot pocket since my college days, so who knows where that came from. So I text him to bring them home for me. He texts back that they are incredibly unhealthy and that he will do nothing of the sort. I text back that I don't care, it is the only thing I can even think about eating, and that my DOCTOR told me to not worry about WHAT I eat at this point, just to eat whatever I can. I don't hear back so I figure it is settled. I try to doze off and dream of my hot pockets on their way... I awake in an exhausted, starving, nauseas haze to my husband handing me a bottle of pedialyte (which I also requested due to the fluid loss). "Please make me a hot pocket, too." "There are no hot pockets, I told you I wasn't getting them." "You're kidding right? I told you I haven't been able to eat anything since last night- which I promptly threw up, and that the only thing I could imagine eating is a hot pocket and I have been laying here starving and dreaming about hot pockets and you DECIDED that you would NOT get them for me?????!!!!!"
Brent left the room. The bottle of Pedialyte somehow ended up with a crash on the other side of the room, and I was inconsoleably balling my eyes out harder than I can remember ever crying... over a hot pocket. Can you say pregnancy hormones x 3???

After a few minutes Brent decided it would be best if he went back to the store to get some hot pockets- after he me made stop crying and sing the "Hoooot Pockettttsssss" slogan before he would leave. Maybe next time I won't have to ask twice. Hence, the title of this post, 'Training my Husband.'

This is how Brent feels about hot pockets and thus the reason he did not want to get them for me. The way this comedian says 'hot pockets' is how he made me say it before he would go to the store b/c we had seen this video in the past!

No comments:

Post a Comment