The Triplets

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, October 11, 2012

15 Weeks: Mumus and Granny Panties

This week's Developments:
* The babies are around 4 in long crown to rump and 2.5 ounces each- the size of apples!
* Air sacs in the lungs are beginning to develop, taste buds are forming
* Eyelids are still fused shut, but they can start to sense light now

Today I had my 15 week check-in with the OB and he determined on his mini ultrasound machine-"They are still alive!" which is pretty much all you can tell on those little things, but I'll take it! All day Sunday and Monday I was completely blood-free and thought I may finally be done with all of that- but the wee hours of Tuesday morning proved me wrong. At least it was much less than in previous occurences, but is continuing to linger still. I also let him know about some painful cramping that accompanied the bleeding this time and at other times periodic feelings of tightness in my lower abdomen and pressure deep inside. He said all of these sensations are normal and that I would have a lot more in the coming weeks. I wish I knew how to distinguish between what feelings are normal and what are cause for alarm since all that "bad stuff" seems to be a normal occurence in high order multiple pregnancies! He said he still feels that I am doing great considering and "look at you, you are half-way through the second quarter already!"

After my OB appointment, I stopped by my office to fill out some paperwork and was able to catch up with several ladies, which was great. I have read some horror stories about women in similar situations who faced a lot of animosity from their  bosses when announcing they had to take off unexpectedly for long periods of time, and I feel so blessed to work with people who truly care about the staff on a personal level. 

This week has been pretty stressful dealing with FMLA, trying to figure out how to deal with the loss of income, contacting the student loan companies to discuss putting loans into forbearance, and the arrival of several insurance claims- especially the one for the ER visit ouch!  We just  keep trying to remind ourselves that God will get us through all of this and the only thing I should even consider worrying about is these babies!

So lets get to the title of this post! My normal lounge-around-the-house wear has always been old size small T-shirts and Brent's old boxer briefs, but the shirts have slowly been getting shorter and tighter in the mid-section and the elastic on the briefs too tight around my waist. Yesterday I declared to Brent that I would be much more comfortable if I had some mumus and granny panties to wear instead. He said "great!". "I don't suppose that is an errand I can send you on?" I asked. "No way in hell, Honey." It was pretty much what I expected :) So after my visit to the office I stopped by Wal-mart on the way home and picked up some comfy short and long sleeve "sleep shirts" aka mumus, a soft fuzzy bathrobe, and several pairs of roomier comfy underwear. Brent doesn't seem to mind my new bed-rest wardrobe so far (it may even make following doctor's orders easier for him anyway :) ) and I am SO much more comfortable already.

16 Weeks Picture (131 lbs this morning-15 lb total weight gain)


3 comments:

  1. You look beautiful, Sweetie....love to all!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....finally figured out how to publish comments...woo-Hoo......Mom Hobbs

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look wonderful! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete