The Triplets

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, September 6, 2012

10 weeks: My baby is the size of a huh?

Well today marks 10 weeks, and according to my Babycenter app, the babies are about 1.2 inches long and the size of 'kumquats.' Am I in the minority if I had no clue what a kumquat was?? Well I looked it up and here they are:
What's that you ask? Did I search google until I came across the perfect picture of EXACTLY 3 sibling kumquats? YOU BET I did :) Such a cute fruit with a cute name, I must say! My Bump app said they were the equivalent size of prunes. If only these babies were more prune-like, I might not have so much immobility down there if you know what I mean, sigh. At least I know that my body is working hard to sap every last nutrient out of my food before finishing with it!

On Tuesday I had the pleasure of going to my first local monthly Mothers of Multiples meeting. The twin mom's I met with in my small group were great, answered any question I could up with, laughed a lot, and really helped me to release some anxiety. I look forward to getting to know them better! I'm also doing weekly prenatal yoga on Thursdays now but am restricted from most of the positions in class since I am still early in my pregnancy. So while everyone else is balancing on one foot and sticking their head between their legs, I am perched regally in 'Queens pose' (basically a reclined stationary relaxing seated position). While it is nice to relax, I look forward to being able to join in on more of the positions in the next couple weeks.

My next OB appointment will be Thursday at 11 weeks, so I'm  looking forward to at least hearing the heartbeats again even if I don't get a full blown ultrasound. With a little extra coaxing from me, my OB has finally sent a referral to the perinatologist so I am hoping they will contact me soon to set up my initial consult.


Now for the 10 week pic with my sidekick:


3 comments:

  1. I love this! I was always so interested to know how my ONE baby was growing, and what this week meant and the next, and I just cant believe your doing 3 of them!!! You and Brent have all my thoughts and prayers for 3 happy, healthy babies. Keep me posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a great blog, i love reading all your new findings and watching your belly grow with the little beans, gummy bears and kumquats.. keep blogging some day the babies will love this bedtime story.

    ReplyDelete